Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Portugal - Costa Nova

Today I visited Costa Nova. That's like a part of Aveiro, but it's the beach area. The weather was pretty cold, and the sand felt like ice on my feet. I climbed out onto some rocks. It must be very nice in warm weather.

An interesting thing about the Costa Nova is that there is a small seaside village, but it's being built up. Still you can see some of the characteristic stripped houses. There are also a lot of fish restaurants. 

I did two videos:




At the beach, the weather didn't get any better, so I couldn't get any sun. Climbing out to the edge wasn't easy, but worth the pictures. Then I went down to the sandy beach, as I wanted to get my toes wet. I nearly got all of me wet as a big wave almost engulfed me on camera. Good thing it didn't get into my bag. Of course, I didn't have any towels with me, so I had to walk barefoot to the car, and try to dry my feet enough there to be able to put on my shoes again. Note to self, take towels.

Afterwards I had dinner at the mall again, at a Brazilian place called A Gula Do Prego, which is in the mall. It's actually a very good place. There are often long queues, and it's worth the wait. The prices are low, and the food is great and very filling. They also have very nice drinks. If you're getting dessert, get it to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment