Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Malaysia - Penang - First Day

I woke quite early, but that was because I went to sleep early. I won’t go into much details about my cousin’s family, I’m just going to say that they have a nice place and there’s a swimming pool with the apartment complex. They also have a very active almost 4-year-old. So, I spent much of my time with them, or in the pool.

On the first day I didn’t want to do much. I was still pretty sleepy from the long trip, so I just hung out with family. 

Though a funny thing that happened was that we wanted to go to a mall, but as it turned out, the car of my cousin's wife wasn't starting. The battery had died! So we just bought some food at the nearby Tesco. There I saw different kinds of flavoured milk, like green tea and even korma! That one sounded gross. I couldn't try them out, as I can't drink milk, but the family liked the green tea.

One thing I did do was go onto the Airbnb site, because with my cancelled Osaka place I also got a voucher for $100 for any experience in the next 6 months. I decided to book something for Tokyo, as I had so little time in Osaka. I had a look at the Izakaya tour I already wanted to go on, but that was more expensive on Airbnb, and that was the money probably wouldn’t have covered it. I looked at several options. Considered a cooking one, but just wasn’t feeling it. Then I spotted a kimono dress-up and tea experience. One of my friends told me that if I dress up in a kimono I should take a lot of pictures. I wasn’t planning on it, but I decided to book the experience. I had to switch my plans around a bit, but it was worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment