Sunday, June 3, 2018

Turkey - Istanbul - Viaport Shopping Day

I set the alarm next to my bed to 6.30am. Pretty early, but I wanted to work out in the morning, and I also had to set time aside for snoozes and me talking myself into working out. Though thing to do. The alarm turned out to be quite annoying, an insistent beeping, which only relented for about 8 minutes with the snooze button. After two snoozes, I dragged myself out, got ready, put on the headphones, selected a Spotify playlist, and took the elevator down to -3.

It was quite abandoned so early in the morning. I checked, and there was an alarm I could pull in case of an emergency. I started with the treadmill, did some things with handweights that I’m used to doing with my trainer, changed playlists as the first one was crap. Then as a rest I took a selfie for Instagram. Got it on the 10th try. Don’t know why my phone keeps blurring the selfies. Must be a feature, but it’s annoying. It wasn’t always like that.

After my selfie break I used the bicycle, which isn’t like the usual ones. It’s a recumbent exercise bike – yes, I looked it up. It’s actually very good for my very bad knees, as they don’t have to bend over the 90° angle, which is what bothers them the most about biking. So, I did a good 10 minutes on that at a good speed. Then did some floor exercises and was done. Walked it off for a few minutes.

I took a shower, got my contacts in, hair, make-up, pretty girl, outfit trying, outfit discarded, and settled on my jeans. I went down to breakfast, and there was practically no one there. I wanted to have soup, but there wasn’t any! I’ve never seen a Turkish breakfast spread without soup. I opted to have a protein feast and some vegetables. Got tomato sauce on my top and tried to take it out with some water. Then another disaster, obviously one of those mornings, I overfilled the coffee cup and it spilled everywhere. No whitener at breakfast of course, and no soy milk. Or any milk that has no lactose and I can drink. Got a nice seat, then had to go back for juice. Breakfast went on Instagram, and I ate while listening to Matt Dillahunty dissecting a debate he had done recently. Yes, I’m an atheist and I really like listening to debates and thoughts on debates. I ate the food, but it could have been warmer. I tried the coffee, but it was awful without milk. I abandoned it and got some tea instead. Turkish tea is so strong, it’s a pretty good substitute for coffee anyway. I’ll probably do that from now on.

After breakfast I went up, tried to take out the spots on my top again with soap. I put the desk chair out onto the balcony to put the top on it to dry. We were going to check out another hotel with my boss, but I had plenty of time, so I worked on my blog, my Instagram, did the tags. Of course, my boss overslept, and we opted to skip the hotel viewing, and just go straight to shopping at Viaport

I had a list of things that I wanted to get. It was difficult when I needed help in shops, because no one speaks English. Shop assistants kept talking to me, and I had to break it to them that I don’t speak Turkish. I did find some shoes that I wanted, which made me very happy. Shoe shopping is hard. After some shopping, I had a stop at Starbucks. Starbucks is actually cheaper in Turkey than in Hungary, which is crazy. I got a cold coffee, an apple juice, and sat down on a sunny spot to rest. Maybe get a little tan.

Then I had lunch with my boss, who was doing his own shopping. We ate at Mado, which is mostly a pastry shop, but they have some basic savoury dishes as well. I had a lemonade, which was nicer than the one before, and a köfte spaghetti. It was an interesting mix between Italian and Turkish flavours. I enjoyed it, though I probably had more carbs than I should.

After that I shopped a lot at the Koton outlet. It was great, as I finally found two skirts. I wanted to buy more, but you can barely find any skirts in Viaport. As I looked around, even though it was a warm day, I barely saw anyone in skirts. Most women wore long jeans. Not even shorts. Another thing I had a problem finding was a bikini. I tried on a few, but the fit was awful. I need to find a new one for Malaysia. I did gain a lot of weight since last year, but nothing I do gets the weight off.

I did find a new bijou shop though, with some really great stuff. It's called Deniz Kabuğu.

There were so many kids everywhere! It was hard to not fall over in one, or get a pram pushed onto my foot. Even when I was trying on shoes, I had to pay attention to not have a kid fall over my stuff. 

We went to buy something for dinner and went back to the hotel. I changed and went down to the gym for another session. Used the bike again for over half an hour, so I hope I made a dent in my weightloss program. Back in my room I only had some soup and two dates for dinner. I was pretty exhausted and soon went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment