Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Turkey - Konya - Day 3

I was still very tired in the morning, and dragging myself to breakfast was hard. At least, I finally got some pancakes! I also took my coffee back to my room. They never have lactose-free milk at breakfast, so I have to use powder. However, then I also have to wait for the coffee to cool down, which takes forever. So instead, I took my coffee to my room. No one said a thing, so I was planning on doing the same the next morning.




Then there was work again, and it was rather long. I was still a bit tired, so it was hard, because it ran rather long too. Interpreting can tire you out quickly. We went to lunch, and it was another great restaurant. We actually wanted to go to a different one at first, but it was closed for renovations. We ended up in a very nice, white tablecloth place called Asya Lahmacun & Kebap.

I had a delicious and creamy lentil soup. Then they brought out a pastry filled with spicy meat. The main dish that I had was the Asia Special. A kind of pastry stuffed with meats and cheese with a spicy sauce. T was so good, but sadly I couldn’t eat it all, or I’d burst. No dessert this time. I really enjoyed the place. The waiters were lovely, and spoke pretty good English too.


On the way back to the hotel we stopped at a small bakery and got some food for dinner. I was hesitant to get some carbs, but I got a simple simit.

In the evening I got a small break, and then worked with my boss well into the night. I was pretty exhausted when I went to bed finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment